Lesson Three: Learn English: English Conversation for beginners


What you really need in order to speak English is to practice, practice and practice the language. You may invent dialogues as simple as the following:



What's this?
          What's that?



This is a book.



 

 This is a computer.




This is a car. 

Use the above pictures to ask and answer each other about the book, PC and Car. The question form should be as simple as these:

What's this? 
      and
What's that?

****************

Now, practice this dialogue with you partner or friend: (Formal Greetings):




Ali:    Good morning, Professor, Hamid, how are you doing?

Hamid:     Good morning, Ali. I am doing well. And you?

Ali:    I’m great, thank you. This is my friend Karim. He 
is thinking about applying to this college. He has a  
few questions. Would you mind telling us about the  
process,   please?

Hamid:    Hello, Karim! It’s a pleasure to meet you. I’m more  
than happy to speak with you. Please stop by my office  
next week.

Karim:      It ’s a pleasure to meet you, professor. Thank you so  
much for helping us.

Hamid:      Don’t mention it . Hopefully, I will be able to answer  
your questions!



Practice reading the above dialogue with your partner several times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Educational Games: Game 2, All Bases Covered

Educational Games: Game 6, Common Threads

Speaking and Mastering English: Part 1